welcomeReal life conversations is designed to share real life stories of people living with mental illness, provide ways to help adults engage in a conversation with someone with mental illness, and educate consumers on mental illness to reduce the stigma of mental illness.
real life mental illness videos
mental health advice videos
- mental illness: real life conversations
- you've probably talked to someone who has experienced a mental health problem. maybe it's a family member, a friend, a neighbor, a student, a coworker, or anyone who's part of your life.
- mental illnesses are surprisingly common…
- mental illnesses affect almost every family in america. anyone, regardless of age, race, gender, ethnicity, or economic background, can experience a mental illness.
- …but so is recovery.
- studies show that many people with mental illnesses recover completely. more treatments and community supports are available than ever before. people with mental illnesses lead active, productive lives and contribute to their communities.
- stigma and discrimination…
- many people who do not understand mental illnesses think that there is something shameful about them. this “stigma” can lead to discrimination and stop people from getting an education, a home, a job.
- …stand in the way of recovery.
- it also keeps people with mental illnesses from getting the help and treatment that they need.